Sensitive skin is characterized by:
- Skin reactions such as pustules, skin bumps, or skin erosion
- Very dry skin which doesn’t properly protect nerve endings in the skin
- A tendency toward blushing and skin flushing
Causes of sensitive skin reactions include:
- Skin disorders or allergic skin reactions such as eczema, rosacea, or allergic contact dermatitis
- Overly dry or injured skin that can no longer protect nerve endings, leading to skin reactions
- Excessive exposure to skin-damaging environmental factors such as sun and wind or excessive heat or cold
Genetic factors, age, gender, and race differences in skin sensitivity are less well-defined but still may play a role in causing skin reactions.
Medical grade skincare lines have been developed specifically for sensitive skin. Dr. Taras will recommend a regimen which contains a powerful combination of skin-soothing peptides that can calm dry skin and reduce visible signs of redness.